Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hmmm... maira kalman


So I've recently fallen in love with Maira Kalman's book The Principles of Uncertainty. It makes me feel like I'm not the only one in the world in love with old people. ( & by love I mean love, Respect, and admire them).



Also, when walking the streets, I constantly see soo many different interesting looking people that I wish I could just get a peak at a snippet of their life,
their personality,
their daily monotonous routine,
their thoughts...
But enough about my weird interest... Maira Kalman to me is the very definition of an artist. She experiments with different types of styles and mediums. She expresses herself, and tells stories. She does children's books. She's the one that did "What Pete ate from A-Z"! Plus many more!
You can check out her website here: http://www.mairakalman.com/
She's so amazing! She definitely hasn't forgotten how to have fun while creating... You go Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment